War games proved Iran`s defence capability: Report
Tehran: Recent war games have proved the defence capability of the Iranian armed forces in protecting key military installations, especially the nuclear sites, in the event of any attack, a media report said.
The report from the `Defenders of the Sky of Velayat II military air exercise` said that the five-day drill ended on Thursday. The exercise covered an area of 600,000 sq km (230,000 square miles) in the northwest, west, south and southwest of Iran.
In these war games, the Air Force and the Islamic Revolutionary Guards` Corps Aerospace test-fired anti-aircraft systems, targeting mock enemies, Mehr news quoted the report as saying.
Medium-range surface-to-air Hawk missiles, SAM 6 missile systems, Skyguard fire control units as well as Oerlikon 20 mm cannons and 23 mm cannons were successfully tested.
In addition, fighter jets struck mock enemy stealth bombers and fighter jets in sensitive areas of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!