War games proved Iran`s defence capability: Report
Tehran: Recent war games have proved the defence capability of the Iranian armed forces in protecting key military installations, especially the nuclear sites, in the event of any attack, a media report said.
The report from the `Defenders of the Sky of Velayat II military air exercise` said that the five-day drill ended on Thursday. The exercise covered an area of 600,000 sq km (230,000 square miles) in the northwest, west, south and southwest of Iran.
In these war games, the Air Force and the Islamic Revolutionary Guards` Corps Aerospace test-fired anti-aircraft systems, targeting mock enemies, Mehr news quoted the report as saying.
Medium-range surface-to-air Hawk missiles, SAM 6 missile systems, Skyguard fire control units as well as Oerlikon 20 mm cannons and 23 mm cannons were successfully tested.
In addition, fighter jets struck mock enemy stealth bombers and fighter jets in sensitive areas of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui