War games proved Iran`s defence capability: Report
Tehran: Recent war games have proved the defence capability of the Iranian armed forces in protecting key military installations, especially the nuclear sites, in the event of any attack, a media report said.
The report from the `Defenders of the Sky of Velayat II military air exercise` said that the five-day drill ended on Thursday. The exercise covered an area of 600,000 sq km (230,000 square miles) in the northwest, west, south and southwest of Iran.
In these war games, the Air Force and the Islamic Revolutionary Guards` Corps Aerospace test-fired anti-aircraft systems, targeting mock enemies, Mehr news quoted the report as saying.
Medium-range surface-to-air Hawk missiles, SAM 6 missile systems, Skyguard fire control units as well as Oerlikon 20 mm cannons and 23 mm cannons were successfully tested.
In addition, fighter jets struck mock enemy stealth bombers and fighter jets in sensitive areas of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday