War games proved Iran`s defence capability: Report
Tehran: Recent war games have proved the defence capability of the Iranian armed forces in protecting key military installations, especially the nuclear sites, in the event of any attack, a media report said.
The report from the `Defenders of the Sky of Velayat II military air exercise` said that the five-day drill ended on Thursday. The exercise covered an area of 600,000 sq km (230,000 square miles) in the northwest, west, south and southwest of Iran.
In these war games, the Air Force and the Islamic Revolutionary Guards` Corps Aerospace test-fired anti-aircraft systems, targeting mock enemies, Mehr news quoted the report as saying.
Medium-range surface-to-air Hawk missiles, SAM 6 missile systems, Skyguard fire control units as well as Oerlikon 20 mm cannons and 23 mm cannons were successfully tested.
In addition, fighter jets struck mock enemy stealth bombers and fighter jets in sensitive areas of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...