War on Syria will inflame whole region: Iranian official
Damascus: Chairman of Iranian parliament`s national security commission has said that any foreign war against Syria will burn the entire region.
Alaeddin Boroujerdi, the Iranian official, was speaking during a press conference held in Damascus Sunday against the repercussions of a possible US-led military action against Syria.
"We think that the countries of this region must work on a political solution to the (Syrian) crisis," he said, adding that "unfortunately today the Islamic states and its people have been plagued with Takfiri (radical Sunni Muslims) movements and this would without a doubt serves the interest of the Zionist entity".
Boroujerdi, who arrived in Damascus a day earlier along with a delegation of the Iranian parliament, said his visit was to reaffirm his country`s support to Syria in the face of the threats of a foreign military action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees