War on Syria will inflame whole region: Iranian official
Damascus: Chairman of Iranian parliament`s national security commission has said that any foreign war against Syria will burn the entire region.
Alaeddin Boroujerdi, the Iranian official, was speaking during a press conference held in Damascus Sunday against the repercussions of a possible US-led military action against Syria.
"We think that the countries of this region must work on a political solution to the (Syrian) crisis," he said, adding that "unfortunately today the Islamic states and its people have been plagued with Takfiri (radical Sunni Muslims) movements and this would without a doubt serves the interest of the Zionist entity".
Boroujerdi, who arrived in Damascus a day earlier along with a delegation of the Iranian parliament, said his visit was to reaffirm his country`s support to Syria in the face of the threats of a foreign military action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred