War on Syria will inflame whole region: Iranian official
Damascus: Chairman of Iranian parliament`s national security commission has said that any foreign war against Syria will burn the entire region.
Alaeddin Boroujerdi, the Iranian official, was speaking during a press conference held in Damascus Sunday against the repercussions of a possible US-led military action against Syria.
"We think that the countries of this region must work on a political solution to the (Syrian) crisis," he said, adding that "unfortunately today the Islamic states and its people have been plagued with Takfiri (radical Sunni Muslims) movements and this would without a doubt serves the interest of the Zionist entity".
Boroujerdi, who arrived in Damascus a day earlier along with a delegation of the Iranian parliament, said his visit was to reaffirm his country`s support to Syria in the face of the threats of a foreign military action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Cycling: Yates attacks to win Vuelta sixth stage
- Rio Olympics fallout: Swimmer Ryan Lochte charged over false robbery claim
- Donald Trump`s anti-immigration stance spurs surge from Central America
- Israel rejects UN appeal to release Gaza employee
- Nicolas Sarkozy tells comeback rally he would ban burkini across France