War on Syria will inflame whole region: Iranian official
Damascus: Chairman of Iranian parliament`s national security commission has said that any foreign war against Syria will burn the entire region.
Alaeddin Boroujerdi, the Iranian official, was speaking during a press conference held in Damascus Sunday against the repercussions of a possible US-led military action against Syria.
"We think that the countries of this region must work on a political solution to the (Syrian) crisis," he said, adding that "unfortunately today the Islamic states and its people have been plagued with Takfiri (radical Sunni Muslims) movements and this would without a doubt serves the interest of the Zionist entity".
Boroujerdi, who arrived in Damascus a day earlier along with a delegation of the Iranian parliament, said his visit was to reaffirm his country`s support to Syria in the face of the threats of a foreign military action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday