Wary about US moves, China, Russia pledge to priorities ties
Beijing: As US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta arrived in New Delhi to firm up military ties, a wary China on Tuesday rolled out red-carpet for Russian President Vladimir Putin in a bid to court Moscow to counter the big US naval push into Asia Pacific to checkmate Beijing.
Not since the 1961 Sino-Soviet spat which vertically split the Communist movements all around the world, the visit of a Russian leader made such a buzz in China as that Putin`s even though this is his eighth tour to Beijing ever since he first came to power in 2000.
As Putin arrived this morning on a state visit to hold talks with Chinese leaders and to participate the 12 th Shanghai Cooperation Summit, (SCO) the state-run CCTV virtually covered the event live.
Top leaders of the two countries are expected to discuss the expansion of bilateral cooperation in various fields, Lavrov said in an interview.
The two countries pledge to prioritise their relations, state-run Xinhua news agency reported after the meeting between Putin and President Hu Jintao.
The discussions reportedly focussed on the two countries to strengthen their, political, economic and military ties besides coordinating their stand on international issues like Syria and Iran.
"President (Putin) and I have agreed to continue treating the development of bilateral relations as a diplomatic priority," Hu said after a closed-door meeting with the Russian leader.
"China-Russia relations have maintained positive, healthy and stable development in recent years through the joint efforts of both sides," Hu said.
Officials from both Russia and China are going to sign a joint communique on relations and their entrepreneurs will sign a number of agreements, he said.
Hu said he is sure that Putin`s visit will further promote the two countries` comprehensive strategic partnership of coordination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA