Was falsely accused of sexual harassment: Cain
Washington: A leading Republican candidate
for the 2012 US Presidential poll has said that he was being "falsely accused" of sexual harassment.
Making various news appearances in Washington, Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain acknowledged that there
were charges of harassment when he served as the president of
the National Restaurant Association from 1996 to 1999.
"Number one, in all of my over 40 years of business
experience running businesses and corporations, I have never
sexually harassed anyone," he said.
"Number two, while at the Restaurant Association, I was
accused of sexual harassment -- falsely accused, I might add,"
Cain told reporters at the National Press Club.
"I was falsely accused of sexual harassment, and when the
charges were brought, as the leader of the organization, I
recused myself and allowed my general counsel and my human
resource officer to deal with the situation," he said.
"It was concluded, after a thorough investigation, that it
had no basis," Cain said.
"As far as a settlement, I am unaware of any sort of
settlement. I hope it wasn`t for much, because I didn`t do
anything," he said.
"But the fact of the matter is, I`m not aware of a
settlement that came out of that accusation," he said
responding to questions from correspondents.
"Per the article, two anonymous sources claiming sexual
harassment-- we`re not going to chase anonymous sources when
there`s no basis for the accusations," he said.
"...so as a result, I have never sexually harassed anyone
and those accusations are totally false," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past