Was falsely accused of sexual harassment: Cain
Washington: A leading Republican candidate
for the 2012 US Presidential poll has said that he was being "falsely accused" of sexual harassment.
Making various news appearances in Washington, Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain acknowledged that there
were charges of harassment when he served as the president of
the National Restaurant Association from 1996 to 1999.
"Number one, in all of my over 40 years of business
experience running businesses and corporations, I have never
sexually harassed anyone," he said.
"Number two, while at the Restaurant Association, I was
accused of sexual harassment -- falsely accused, I might add,"
Cain told reporters at the National Press Club.
"I was falsely accused of sexual harassment, and when the
charges were brought, as the leader of the organization, I
recused myself and allowed my general counsel and my human
resource officer to deal with the situation," he said.
"It was concluded, after a thorough investigation, that it
had no basis," Cain said.
"As far as a settlement, I am unaware of any sort of
settlement. I hope it wasn`t for much, because I didn`t do
anything," he said.
"But the fact of the matter is, I`m not aware of a
settlement that came out of that accusation," he said
responding to questions from correspondents.
"Per the article, two anonymous sources claiming sexual
harassment-- we`re not going to chase anonymous sources when
there`s no basis for the accusations," he said.
"...so as a result, I have never sexually harassed anyone
and those accusations are totally false," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon