Was falsely accused of sexual harassment: Cain
Washington: A leading Republican candidate
for the 2012 US Presidential poll has said that he was being "falsely accused" of sexual harassment.
Making various news appearances in Washington, Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain acknowledged that there
were charges of harassment when he served as the president of
the National Restaurant Association from 1996 to 1999.
"Number one, in all of my over 40 years of business
experience running businesses and corporations, I have never
sexually harassed anyone," he said.
"Number two, while at the Restaurant Association, I was
accused of sexual harassment -- falsely accused, I might add,"
Cain told reporters at the National Press Club.
"I was falsely accused of sexual harassment, and when the
charges were brought, as the leader of the organization, I
recused myself and allowed my general counsel and my human
resource officer to deal with the situation," he said.
"It was concluded, after a thorough investigation, that it
had no basis," Cain said.
"As far as a settlement, I am unaware of any sort of
settlement. I hope it wasn`t for much, because I didn`t do
anything," he said.
"But the fact of the matter is, I`m not aware of a
settlement that came out of that accusation," he said
responding to questions from correspondents.
"Per the article, two anonymous sources claiming sexual
harassment-- we`re not going to chase anonymous sources when
there`s no basis for the accusations," he said.
"...so as a result, I have never sexually harassed anyone
and those accusations are totally false," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test