Was James Holmes inspired by ‘darker` Batman?
Washington: James Holmes, who allegedly killed 12 people during the screening of ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ at a movie hall in the US, may have drawn inspiration from a twisted and even darker cinematic take on the classic Batman story, it has emerged.
An MTV star has claimed the gunman called him twice before the deadly shooting spree in Colorado to quiz him about his violent Batman spin-off movie.
Dave Aragon, who features in Pimp My Ride, said Holmes phoned him to ask about his upcoming film The Suffocator of Sins, which portrays Batman as a gun-toting vigilante, The New York Daily News reports.
“James Holmes said he had watched the trailer for `The Suffocator of Sins` more than a hundred times,” the report quoted Aragon, as saying.
“He kept pressing if I could give him more information on the story,” Aragon told KNX 1070 radio.
“He wanted to know how many people Batman kills. He wanted to know if it was selective killing. Does he make a list of people he wants to kill, or is it a mass body count?,” he added.
Aragon said Holmes was disappointed that this ‘Batman wasn’t blowing away the bad guys with bigger guns`.
Holmes also “talked about the Joker”, Aragon added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India