Was James Holmes inspired by ‘darker` Batman?
Washington: James Holmes, who allegedly killed 12 people during the screening of ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ at a movie hall in the US, may have drawn inspiration from a twisted and even darker cinematic take on the classic Batman story, it has emerged.
An MTV star has claimed the gunman called him twice before the deadly shooting spree in Colorado to quiz him about his violent Batman spin-off movie.
Dave Aragon, who features in Pimp My Ride, said Holmes phoned him to ask about his upcoming film The Suffocator of Sins, which portrays Batman as a gun-toting vigilante, The New York Daily News reports.
“James Holmes said he had watched the trailer for `The Suffocator of Sins` more than a hundred times,” the report quoted Aragon, as saying.
“He kept pressing if I could give him more information on the story,” Aragon told KNX 1070 radio.
“He wanted to know how many people Batman kills. He wanted to know if it was selective killing. Does he make a list of people he wants to kill, or is it a mass body count?,” he added.
Aragon said Holmes was disappointed that this ‘Batman wasn’t blowing away the bad guys with bigger guns`.
Holmes also “talked about the Joker”, Aragon added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday