Washington feels as broken as it did 4-yrs ago: Obama
Washington: President Barack Obama has said that Washington ‘feels as broken as it did four years ago,’ when he took office.
According to The Telegraph, he said that he is most frustrated by the inability ‘to change the atmosphere’ in the US capital ‘to reflect the decency and common sense of ordinary people’ who want their leaders to solve problems. “There’s enough blame to go around for that,” Obama said.
Reflecting on more than three and a half years in office, Obama said, “I think there`s no doubt that I underestimated the degree to which in this town politics trump problem solving.” Asked if he`s prepared for that, the president said, "Well, I get a little depressed." The first lady said the Obama’s will find a way for ‘family time, because any time the girls are out of school, that`s important time for us to spend as a family’.
We`re still parents where you have to juggle your time around when they`re free and summer time is that time," Michelle Obama said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit
- WATCH: How AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya was arrested by Delhi Police amidst high drama during press conference
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues