Washington Navy Yard reopens for normal operations
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Washington: Washington Navy Yard has resumed its routine operations after dozens were killed in a shooting rampage inside its building on Monday.
The yard, which remained closed for three consecutive, was reopened at 6 am local time. However, the traffic was blocked from reaching the main gate because a tractor-trailer tried to make a U-turn, and its load shifted.
Navy spokesman, Lieutenant-Commander Sarah Flaherty has informed that except building 197 and base gym, the rest of the Navy yard will function normally.
Building 197 is the same place where gunmen Aaron Alexis had killed 12 people. Though Alexis was claimed to have been suffering with paranoia, the FBI is investigating the motive behind the killing.
US President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama will attend a memorial service on Sunday as reported earlier in the day.
Calling the massacre a ‘ritual’, Obama had urged to revive gun control measures to prevent such incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31