Washington Navy Yard reopens for normal operations
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Washington: Washington Navy Yard has resumed its routine operations after dozens were killed in a shooting rampage inside its building on Monday.
The yard, which remained closed for three consecutive, was reopened at 6 am local time. However, the traffic was blocked from reaching the main gate because a tractor-trailer tried to make a U-turn, and its load shifted.
Navy spokesman, Lieutenant-Commander Sarah Flaherty has informed that except building 197 and base gym, the rest of the Navy yard will function normally.
Building 197 is the same place where gunmen Aaron Alexis had killed 12 people. Though Alexis was claimed to have been suffering with paranoia, the FBI is investigating the motive behind the killing.
US President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama will attend a memorial service on Sunday as reported earlier in the day.
Calling the massacre a ‘ritual’, Obama had urged to revive gun control measures to prevent such incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video