Washington Navy Yard reopens for normal operations
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Washington: Washington Navy Yard has resumed its routine operations after dozens were killed in a shooting rampage inside its building on Monday.
The yard, which remained closed for three consecutive, was reopened at 6 am local time. However, the traffic was blocked from reaching the main gate because a tractor-trailer tried to make a U-turn, and its load shifted.
Navy spokesman, Lieutenant-Commander Sarah Flaherty has informed that except building 197 and base gym, the rest of the Navy yard will function normally.
Building 197 is the same place where gunmen Aaron Alexis had killed 12 people. Though Alexis was claimed to have been suffering with paranoia, the FBI is investigating the motive behind the killing.
US President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama will attend a memorial service on Sunday as reported earlier in the day.
Calling the massacre a ‘ritual’, Obama had urged to revive gun control measures to prevent such incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- IT'S DISTURBING: Watch little Syrian girl singing before a bomb explodes
- Planning parenthood through surrogacy? Things you need to know
- When Muslim men chanted `Hindustan Zindabad`, `Pakistan Murdabad` slogans on Hyderabad roads – Watch
- US warns EU ahead of Apple tax evasion ruling
- Facebook, Twitter, Google failed to tackle terrorism: Panel