Washington Post to sell historic office building
Washington: The Washington Post has confirmed, it has agreed a deal to sell its historic office building in the heart of the American capital.
The newspaper yesterday said the sale of the building, situated just a stone`s throw from the White House, to a property firm would be sealed by March next year for USD 159 million.
The paper, which is now owned by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, will continue to rent space in the building until a new headquarters is found.
The Post`s search for new premises had begun before Bezos bought the paper earlier this year.
The Post`s current headquarters was the paper`s base during its most famous hour, when journalists Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward uncovered the Watergate scandal that ultimately led to the resignation of Richard Nixon as President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP