Wasp attacks kill 19 in China, over 580 injured
Beijing: At least 19 people were killed and over 580 injured in a surge of insect attacks since July in western China, local health officials said.
Hospitals in Ankang City of Shaanxi province have received as many as 583 patients attacked by wasps among which 70 are still being treated, officials said.
Local experts said improved vegetation might be a reason for the increased attacks, which they said is an aggressive insect and are usually active in summer and autumn, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The city`s fire department have helped remove more than 300 hives to protect its citizens. Three hospitals have been designated to treat victims of wasp attacks with an expert panel assisting them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...