We can`t supply Somali militants weapons: Eritrea
Nairobi: Eritrea`s Ambassador to Kenya says his country is not able to fly three planeloads of weapons to al Qaeda-linked militants in Somalia.
Kenya last week said that three planeloads of weapons had been flown into southern Somalia to arm al-Shabab militants being pursued by Kenyan troops. Kenya`s Foreign Minister summoned Eritrea`s Ambassador and "raised concern" over the possibility Eritrea was behind it.
Eritrean Ambassador Beyene Russom said on Friday that there is no evidence to support the accusations.
Russom says the accusations fit into a pattern of misinformation against his country, which he blamed on Ethiopia, Eritrea`s long-time enemy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi