We can`t supply Somali militants weapons: Eritrea
Nairobi: Eritrea`s Ambassador to Kenya says his country is not able to fly three planeloads of weapons to al Qaeda-linked militants in Somalia.
Kenya last week said that three planeloads of weapons had been flown into southern Somalia to arm al-Shabab militants being pursued by Kenyan troops. Kenya`s Foreign Minister summoned Eritrea`s Ambassador and "raised concern" over the possibility Eritrea was behind it.
Eritrean Ambassador Beyene Russom said on Friday that there is no evidence to support the accusations.
Russom says the accusations fit into a pattern of misinformation against his country, which he blamed on Ethiopia, Eritrea`s long-time enemy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Islam doesn't allow women to visit graves, Haji Ali Dargah is one of them: Chairman
- Davis Cup: India to host Spain under flood-lights
- India, US eye bilateral trade worth $500 billion: Report
- GST, reforms to boost bilateral trade with India, address biz climate issues: US
- REVEALED: Gianni Infantino says FIFA salary less than USD 2m, well below Sepp Blatter earned