We can`t supply Somali militants weapons: Eritrea
Nairobi: Eritrea`s Ambassador to Kenya says his country is not able to fly three planeloads of weapons to al Qaeda-linked militants in Somalia.
Kenya last week said that three planeloads of weapons had been flown into southern Somalia to arm al-Shabab militants being pursued by Kenyan troops. Kenya`s Foreign Minister summoned Eritrea`s Ambassador and "raised concern" over the possibility Eritrea was behind it.
Eritrean Ambassador Beyene Russom said on Friday that there is no evidence to support the accusations.
Russom says the accusations fit into a pattern of misinformation against his country, which he blamed on Ethiopia, Eritrea`s long-time enemy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!