We have lost contact of MH17 from Amsterdam: Malaysia Airlines
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The official Twitter handle of Malaysia Airlines confirmed on Thursday that they had lost contact with flight MH17.
They posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter - “Malaysia Airlines has lost contact of MH17 from Amsterdam. The last known position was over Ukrainian airspace.”
Malaysia Airlines has lost contact of MH17 from Amsterdam. The last known position was over Ukrainian airspace. More details to follow.
— Malaysia Airlines (@MAS) July 17, 2014
Malaysia Airlines plane MH17 crashed near the war-torn eastern Ukraine near the Russian border today with 295 people on board including crew members.
As per reports, it was reportedly been shot down over eastern Ukraine, an area where Ukrainian rebels are fighting Ukrainian armed forces.
The tragedy struck Malaysia plane almost four months after the mysterious disappearance of MH370, the debris of which has no has not been found as yet.
All the people on board are feared to have been dead.
The Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 was flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur carrying 280 passengers and 15 crew.
The passenger liner came down close to the town of Shaktarsk in Ukraine`s rebellion-wracked region of Donetsk after disappearing from the radar and teams from the emergency services were trying to reach the scene, Russian media quoted an unnamed security source as saying, PTI reported.
The plane was cruising at an altitude of 30,000 feet when it was reportedly shot down, as per the Ukrainian Interior Ministry.
Meanwhile, Ukraine`s armed forces and eastern Ukraine`s separatist leader Alexander Borodai said that they had no involvement in the downing of the plane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video