We want to settle this conflict: Ukraine FM in Paris
Paris: Ukraine wants a peaceful resolution of the crisis in Crimea, interim Foreign Minister Andriy Deshchytsya said ahead of potentially crucial talks in Paris Wednesday.
"We want to keep good dialogue, good relations with the Russian people," Deshchytsya said after meeting his French counterpart Laurent Fabius. "We want to settle this conflict peacefully. We don`t want to fight with Russia."
Deshchytsya is hoping to have a face-to-face meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, who is due here later in the day, but that has not been confirmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion