We will emerge stronger: Murdoch to British staffers
London: Rupert Murdoch has reportedly told staffers at his UK newspapers that his business can emerge "better and stronger" following the phone-hacking scandal, even as a panel of British MPs on Monday branded the news baron "unfit" to run his global media empire.
In his email shot to his employees in the UK, the 81-year-old Australian-American Chairman of News Corporation, the world`s second-largest media conglomerate, has also said that some of the findings of the panel are "hard to read", and "unjustified and highly partisan", the `BBC` reported.
Murdoch has said that he`s proud that News Corporation has worked to put things right and claimed that the company`s Management and Standards Committee so far found no evidence of illegal conduct at `The Times` and `The Sunday Times`, except one previously reported incident for which action was taken.
He has also said the Management and Standards Committee (MSC) completed its review of `The Sun` tabloid, but he made no comment about the conclusions.
The MSC was set up after it was revealed reporters at the now defunct News of the World tabloid had hacked into the mobile phone of murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler.
On Monday, six members of the Commons media committee concluded that Murdoch was "not a fit person" to run a major international business, but four others disagreed, the MPs split on party lines.
The MPs` report concluded that Murdoch exhibited "wilful blindness" to what was going on at News Corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement