`We`ll never see the like of Margaret Thatcher again`
London: "We`ll never see the like of her again," said a friend of Britain`s former prime minister Margaret Thatcher who died Monday.
Thatcher`s spokesman and friend Lord Bell told Sky News: "We`ll never see the like of her again. She was one of the great prime ministers of all time and transformed people`s lives."
He called Thatcher, a grocer`s daughter from Grantham, as the greatest leader of the Conservative Party with the exception of Winston Churchill.
"She was just a fantastic person - extraordinary charisma, very focused, loved her country, loved being in government and dedicated her life to making people`s lives better...I think history will remember her very kindly," he was quoted as saying.
Thatcher died Monday after suffering a stroke. She was 87.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test