`We`ll never see the like of Margaret Thatcher again`
London: "We`ll never see the like of her again," said a friend of Britain`s former prime minister Margaret Thatcher who died Monday.
Thatcher`s spokesman and friend Lord Bell told Sky News: "We`ll never see the like of her again. She was one of the great prime ministers of all time and transformed people`s lives."
He called Thatcher, a grocer`s daughter from Grantham, as the greatest leader of the Conservative Party with the exception of Winston Churchill.
"She was just a fantastic person - extraordinary charisma, very focused, loved her country, loved being in government and dedicated her life to making people`s lives better...I think history will remember her very kindly," he was quoted as saying.
Thatcher died Monday after suffering a stroke. She was 87.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister