West Bank youth killed in clash with Israeli troops
Ramallah: Israeli troops killed a Palestinian teenager in the occupied West Bank on Friday, Palestinian medics said, as their forces continued a crackdown on Islamist militants as they searched for three Israeli teenagers missing for more than a week.
Mohammed Dudin, 15, was killed in the village of Dura, near Hebron in the southern West Bank, close to where the three Israeli teenagers went missing eight days ago. Israel says they were abducted by the Islamist Hamas group.
Palestinians clashed with Israeli troops at various locations across the West Bank and residents reported a number of other injuries. The Israeli military was checking for details of the clashes, a spokeswoman said.
Israel has said its West Bank operation is twofold: to find Gil-Ad Shaer and US-Israeli national Naftali Fraenkel, both aged 16, and Eyal Yifrah, 19, and to deal a substantial blow to Hamas, a group dedicated to its destruction.
Before dawn, Israel also carried out air strikes on three locations in the Gaza Strip after militants launched two rockets from the territory into Israel on Thursday night.
Dudin was the second Palestinian killed since Israel began its operation across the West Bank a week ago. Some 280 Palestinians had been detained by Thursday and troops had made more arrests overnight, the military said on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees