West Bank youth killed in clash with Israeli troops
Ramallah: Israeli troops killed a Palestinian teenager in the occupied West Bank on Friday, Palestinian medics said, as their forces continued a crackdown on Islamist militants as they searched for three Israeli teenagers missing for more than a week.
Mohammed Dudin, 15, was killed in the village of Dura, near Hebron in the southern West Bank, close to where the three Israeli teenagers went missing eight days ago. Israel says they were abducted by the Islamist Hamas group.
Palestinians clashed with Israeli troops at various locations across the West Bank and residents reported a number of other injuries. The Israeli military was checking for details of the clashes, a spokeswoman said.
Israel has said its West Bank operation is twofold: to find Gil-Ad Shaer and US-Israeli national Naftali Fraenkel, both aged 16, and Eyal Yifrah, 19, and to deal a substantial blow to Hamas, a group dedicated to its destruction.
Before dawn, Israel also carried out air strikes on three locations in the Gaza Strip after militants launched two rockets from the territory into Israel on Thursday night.
Dudin was the second Palestinian killed since Israel began its operation across the West Bank a week ago. Some 280 Palestinians had been detained by Thursday and troops had made more arrests overnight, the military said on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre