Western sanctions posing difficulties to Iran
New York: Iran`s top economic planner has said that western sanctions are creating difficulties for Tehran, but added that the country can still survive the financial attack.
Iran`s Minister of Economic Affairs and Finance Shamseddin Hosseini said that the US and the European Union are putting themselves in a financial crisis by blocking Iranian oil exports.
He said slackened Iranian oil exports could globally raise gasoline prices.
The Wall Street Journal quoted Hosseini as conceding that European Governments have stopped fueling Iranian jetliner, while Iran`s central bank is increasingly being shunned internationally.
He also said that Iran`s trading partners in the Middle East, and in Central and East Asia remain resilient.
He said the sanctions have forced Tehran to develop its own indigenous business.
"The sanctions have created a lot of disturbances for us," Hosseini said while visiting Iran`s mission to the United Nations. "But we have overcome those challenges and difficulties, and are making up for what was lacking," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read