What were Prince William, Kate Middleton doing on royal baby`s due date?
Zee Media Bureau
London: Even as the world impatiently waited for the historic moment on the royal baby`s due date, the would-be parents Kate Middleton and Prince Williams were busy relaxing and playing polo respectively, reports revealed Sunday.
According to initial reports, July 13, Saturday was said to be the royal baby`s due date when Kate , 31, was due to give birth at St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, west London.
While the Duchess of Cambridge was relaxing at her parents` house in Bucklebury, Berks, Prince Williams was competing against brother Prince Harry in the Kent & Curwen Royal Charity Polo Cup in Sydmonton, England, reported the Sunday People, a British newspaper.
According to the report, the Duke of Cambridge was in dilemma over whether to play Polo match or be with Kate at her parents` house but it was Kate who urged William to continue with his polo plans.
“It was William who said he’d be by Kate’s side at her mum’s but she urged him to play polo", the report quoted a royal source as saying.
Prince William is on leave from Royal Air Force (RAF) duties at Anglesey as he prepares for the birth of his first child, who will be the future king or queen of England as the third in line to the throne.
Kate`s parents` house is 53 miles away from the St Mary’s Hospital, which is also the same place where Princess Diana gave birth to William and brother Harry.
Media from around the world is camping out with cameras outside the hospital in anticipation of the news, which will be first broken to Queen Elizabeth II by her grandson William on the phone.
Meanwhile, plans for a new commemorative coin were reviewed at the Privy Council on Wednesday and the Royal Mint confirmed it was part of its plans to mark the royal birth.
It will bring out a new 5 pound silver coin to mark the birth, bearing an iconic "St George and Dragon" design.
The Royal Mint has already revealed plans to hand out a "lucky" silver penny to the parents of every baby born on the same day as the new prince or princess.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge do not know the gender of their baby, but bookies have taken a flurry of bets as punters make their own predictions. Paddy Power claims we should expect a princess.
Alexandra, James and George have emerged as the top favourites for the royal baby`s name.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!