When haircut threatened to overshadow Mars landing
London: A NASA technician`s haircut has become an instant hit on internet and overshadowed the Mars landing of the Curiosity rover, Daily Mail reported.
Bobak Ferdowsi became an internet sensation as viewers became captivated by his red-tinged mohawk haircut, the yellow stars dyed above his ears, and his big beaming smile following the landing of Curiosity.
Within minutes, satirical posters went up online, his name began trending on Twitter, and tributes and even artwork flooded in to celebrate his new instant celebrity.
Bobak acknowledged his new-found fame and said he changes his hair for every mission.
Tumbler, a website dedicated to "internet memes" - of quick cultural phenomenon which, thanks to internet, explode overnight, already has a "Bobak" page, as users submit graphics and jokes based around NASA`s brightest star, the newspaper said Tuesday.
The rover, which landed on Mars Monday, will beam high-definition footage back to the Earth, while scanning the Red Planet in a bid to find evidence of microscopic life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city