When haircut threatened to overshadow Mars landing
London: A NASA technician`s haircut has become an instant hit on internet and overshadowed the Mars landing of the Curiosity rover, Daily Mail reported.
Bobak Ferdowsi became an internet sensation as viewers became captivated by his red-tinged mohawk haircut, the yellow stars dyed above his ears, and his big beaming smile following the landing of Curiosity.
Within minutes, satirical posters went up online, his name began trending on Twitter, and tributes and even artwork flooded in to celebrate his new instant celebrity.
Bobak acknowledged his new-found fame and said he changes his hair for every mission.
Tumbler, a website dedicated to "internet memes" - of quick cultural phenomenon which, thanks to internet, explode overnight, already has a "Bobak" page, as users submit graphics and jokes based around NASA`s brightest star, the newspaper said Tuesday.
The rover, which landed on Mars Monday, will beam high-definition footage back to the Earth, while scanning the Red Planet in a bid to find evidence of microscopic life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum