When Michelle Obama called herself `busy single mother`
Washington: First lady Michelle Obama mistakenly called herself a “busy single mother” in an interview with CBS affiliate WCAX on Thursday.
Discussing the struggle many parents face in balancing work and home life, she said, “Believe me, as a busy single mother...or, I shouldn’t say ‘single’ - as a busy mother.”
She seemed to catch her mistake almost immediately, saying that when a person has got a husband who’s a President, it can feel a little single, CBS News reported.
She said that as a busy working mom, and before coming to the White House, she was in that position as well - working, driving kids to practice and not having enough time to shop or cook and not having the required energy to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali