When Michelle Obama called herself `busy single mother`
Washington: First lady Michelle Obama mistakenly called herself a “busy single mother” in an interview with CBS affiliate WCAX on Thursday.
Discussing the struggle many parents face in balancing work and home life, she said, “Believe me, as a busy single mother...or, I shouldn’t say ‘single’ - as a busy mother.”
She seemed to catch her mistake almost immediately, saying that when a person has got a husband who’s a President, it can feel a little single, CBS News reported.
She said that as a busy working mom, and before coming to the White House, she was in that position as well - working, driving kids to practice and not having enough time to shop or cook and not having the required energy to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert