Where is Muammar Gaddafi?
Tripoli: Colonel Muammar Gaddafi has not made any television appearances for over a week, and there is a mystery over his whereabouts.
There are reports that a Gaddafi envoy had travelled to Britain last week to try to negotiate an exile for the dictator, the Daily Mail reports.
Many, however, believe the dictator is unlikely to relinquish power unless a country is willing to offer him exile.
The speculations have surfaced amid the continuing fights in Misrata between both the sides, wherein hundreds of people are reportedly to have been killed.
The paper quoted a British-based doctor, who arrived in the city three days ago on a humanitarian mission, as saying that every week between 100 or 140 people are reported killed.
“Multiply this by six and our estimates are 600 to 1,000 deaths since the fighting started,” he added.
Gaddafi`s troops have also reversed a rebel advance in the east and are gaining control over the opponents in the mountainous southwest of Tripoli. Meanwhile, rebel leaders have reportedly called for NATO-led air strikes to continue, despite 13 fighters being killed in a ``friendly fire`` strike near Brega.
NATO has reportedly carried out 363 missions since taking over command of the Libya operations on March 31, 150 of which were strike missions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post