White House gate-crasher ready for her close-up
New York: Michaele Salahi is ready to move on. She is sure President Barack Obama is, too, because he has joked about her and her husband`s infamous White House gate-crashing episode. And so she thinks the judicial system should be ready to move on, as well.
"To be honest, I don`t know where it`s at," she told The
Associated Press, speaking of the criminal investigation by a
federal grand jury, which still could lead to prison time for
the party-going, polo-loving couple from Virginia`s wine
country. "But our attorneys have said to go on with our
"And if the president and vice president are joking about
it," she added, "I think they`re ready to move forward, too."
Certainly the Salahis are taking their attorneys` advice.
Far from staying quietly out of the spotlight, they are
happily promoting the Aug 5 debut of Bravo`s "Real Housewives
of DC," in which, judging from the first episode, Michaele
takes center stage, along with the incident that got her into
"I can`t wait!" Salahi said in a telephone interview
"This is full circle for me. I think the world will see
that we`re not just about that one night. We`re not just two
people who went to a dinner."
It was a state dinner given by Obama and his wife
Michelle for Manmohan Singh, India`s prime minister, and his
wife, Gursharan Kaur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert