White House loses ¼ of its value in 3 yrs
Washington: The White House seems to have become the latest victim of US’ housing crisis. As per a report, the residence of the Obamas is now worth only $251.6 million as against $291.8 million in January 2009, when they made it their home. In the last month alone, the value dropped almost $4 million.
And as compared to the peak of the market, in December 2007, the value of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue has plummeted by a quarter. Then, it was worth $331.5 million.
One of the most famous residences in the world, the White House is a 55,000 square feet, 16 bedroom, 35 bathroom mansion built in 1792. It was burned down by the British in 1814, rebuilt, and then extensively renovated during Harry Truman’s presidency.
The Obamas also have made some improvements to the property, adding a vegetable garden and a swing set to the 132-room regal house.
Although the figures are notional but it does present a picture of the current state of the US housing market despite the billions that have been pumped in by the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'