‘Whites no longer a majority in US by 2043’
Washington: White people will no longer make up a majority of Americans by 2043.
The new government projection is a year later than previous estimates, made before the impact of the recent economic downturn was known.
The nation continues to grow and become more diverse due to higher birth rates among minorities, but no longer at a torrid pace as immigration wanes.
The total US population should climb to 420 million by 2060, with whites making up 43 per cent. Hispanics, currently 17 percent of the population, will jump to 31 per cent, or nearly 1 in 3 residents. Blacks will make up 14.7 per cent, up slightly.
The point when minority children become the majority is expected to occur in 2019; last year, minorities became the majority among US newborns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history
- DNA: Analysis of 17 years of Kargil war history- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh
- DNA: Analysis of doping controversies of Narsingh Yadav and Inderjeet Singh- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indian boat patrols on Ladakh's Pangong Tso Lake