Who is Kim Jong-un`s `friend for life’?
Washington: Retired US basketball player Dennis Rodman has told North Korean leader Kim Jong-un during his improbable journey to Pyongyang, that “you have a friend for life".
According to a spokesman for the New York-based VICE media company, Rodman said so before a crowd of thousands at a gymnasium where they sat side by side, chatting as they watched players from North Korea and the US play.
Dressed in a blue Mao suit, Kim laughed and slapped his hands on the table before him during the game as he sat nearly knee to knee with Rodman, Fox News reports.
Kim and Rodman chatted in English, but Kim primarily spoke in Korean through a translator, the report said.
Rodman arrived in Pyongyang on Monday with three members of the professional Harlem Globetrotters basketball team.
The unlikely encounter makes Rodman the most high-profile American to meet Kim since the young North Korean leader took power in December 2011, and takes place against a backdrop of tension between Washington and Pyongyang, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH