Who killed JFK? Nixon, Johnson, Communists, CIA were suspects
London: US President John F Kennedy`s assassination in Texas in 1963 has long been the subject of conspiracy theories.
A list, prepared by his former secretary 47 years back and made public now, has named Richard Nixon, the then Vice-President Lyndon Johnson, the CIA and Communists, among others, as suspects, the `Daily Mail` reported.
The never-before-seen list, which was made by Evelyn Lincoln as she flew home on Air Force One immediately after JFK was gunned down, is to go under the hammer in Connecticut on Thursday and expected to fetch more than 20,000 pounds.
Lincoln was, in fact, riding in the motorcade with JFK when he was shot dead by Lee Harvey Oswald in Dallas. She jotted down names of people she suspected could have been behind the killing, starting with Lyndon Johnson.
The note also listed "the KKK, Dixiecrats, (Teamsters boss Jimmy) Hoffa, (the) John Birch Society, Nixon, (South Vietnam President Ngo Dinh) Diem, Rightist, CIA in Cuban fiasco, Dictators (and) Communists".
On the back of the list is another note, written more than 20 years later when she passed on her letters to Kennedy collector Robert White.
"There is no end to the list of suspected conspirators to President Kennedy murder. Many factions had their reasons for wanting the young president dead. That fact alone illustrates how the world suffers from a congenital proclivity to violence," it reads.
The 10-month Warren Commission set up to investigate the assassination concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in assassinating JFK.
Lincoln was Kennedy`s personal secretary from 1953 until his death on November 22, 1963. She died in 1995 at the age of 85.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach