Who killed JFK? Nixon, Johnson, Communists, CIA were suspects
London: US President John F Kennedy`s assassination in Texas in 1963 has long been the subject of conspiracy theories.
A list, prepared by his former secretary 47 years back and made public now, has named Richard Nixon, the then Vice-President Lyndon Johnson, the CIA and Communists, among others, as suspects, the `Daily Mail` reported.
The never-before-seen list, which was made by Evelyn Lincoln as she flew home on Air Force One immediately after JFK was gunned down, is to go under the hammer in Connecticut on Thursday and expected to fetch more than 20,000 pounds.
Lincoln was, in fact, riding in the motorcade with JFK when he was shot dead by Lee Harvey Oswald in Dallas. She jotted down names of people she suspected could have been behind the killing, starting with Lyndon Johnson.
The note also listed "the KKK, Dixiecrats, (Teamsters boss Jimmy) Hoffa, (the) John Birch Society, Nixon, (South Vietnam President Ngo Dinh) Diem, Rightist, CIA in Cuban fiasco, Dictators (and) Communists".
On the back of the list is another note, written more than 20 years later when she passed on her letters to Kennedy collector Robert White.
"There is no end to the list of suspected conspirators to President Kennedy murder. Many factions had their reasons for wanting the young president dead. That fact alone illustrates how the world suffers from a congenital proclivity to violence," it reads.
The 10-month Warren Commission set up to investigate the assassination concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in assassinating JFK.
Lincoln was Kennedy`s personal secretary from 1953 until his death on November 22, 1963. She died in 1995 at the age of 85.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you