Widow of Boston bomber starting to reject strict Muslim rules
Washington: The widow of Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev has started to reject the strict Muslim rules her husband imposed upon her.
Katherine Russell, 24, has started wearing nail polish and eating fast food, which her late husband had forbidden her to follow.
According to the New York Daily News, a source close to the family told the National Enquirer that before she knew Tamerlan, Katherine was just an average all-American girl.
Russell, who changed her name back to her maiden name from Karima Tsarnaeva, is living with her parents in North Kingstown, R.I. since Tamerlan`s death.
Russell`s family said she has started to drift away from the more extreme beliefs of her late husband.
The source said that Katherine`s family would like her to revert to her Christian faith.
Her attorney has said Russell knew nothing about the Boston Marathon bombing plans that killed three and injured 264.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men