Widow of Boston bomber starting to reject strict Muslim rules
Washington: The widow of Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev has started to reject the strict Muslim rules her husband imposed upon her.
Katherine Russell, 24, has started wearing nail polish and eating fast food, which her late husband had forbidden her to follow.
According to the New York Daily News, a source close to the family told the National Enquirer that before she knew Tamerlan, Katherine was just an average all-American girl.
Russell, who changed her name back to her maiden name from Karima Tsarnaeva, is living with her parents in North Kingstown, R.I. since Tamerlan`s death.
Russell`s family said she has started to drift away from the more extreme beliefs of her late husband.
The source said that Katherine`s family would like her to revert to her Christian faith.
Her attorney has said Russell knew nothing about the Boston Marathon bombing plans that killed three and injured 264.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars