Widow of Boston bomber starting to reject strict Muslim rules
Washington: The widow of Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev has started to reject the strict Muslim rules her husband imposed upon her.
Katherine Russell, 24, has started wearing nail polish and eating fast food, which her late husband had forbidden her to follow.
According to the New York Daily News, a source close to the family told the National Enquirer that before she knew Tamerlan, Katherine was just an average all-American girl.
Russell, who changed her name back to her maiden name from Karima Tsarnaeva, is living with her parents in North Kingstown, R.I. since Tamerlan`s death.
Russell`s family said she has started to drift away from the more extreme beliefs of her late husband.
The source said that Katherine`s family would like her to revert to her Christian faith.
Her attorney has said Russell knew nothing about the Boston Marathon bombing plans that killed three and injured 264.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials