Wife says Mladic has suffered three strokes: Report
Belgrade: Arrested Bosnian Serb war crimes suspect Ratko Mladic has suffered three strokes and has no feeling in the right side of his body, his wife Bosilijka told media in a rare interview published on Sunday.
A lawyer for Mladic, arrested on Thursday and facing extradition to a UN war crimes tribunal in The Hague, has argued that the former general is unfit to be transferred to the international court.
"He is taking medication, he told me, but I don`t think that such medical treatment is enough. He told me and our son that he had a severe stroke in 2008 and that it was the third. Since then he has no feeling in the right side of his body," Bosilijka Mladic said in the interview with the daily Vecernje
Bosilijka, who along with their son Darko has been meeting with Mladic since his arrest, also said he had apologised to his family.
"He apologised to us for everything we have gone through because of him. He apologised several times," she said.
Mladic, accused of masterminding the 1995 Srebrenica massacre and other atrocities during the 1992-95 Bosnian war, is facing charges of war crimes, genocide and crimes against humanity at the UN court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details