Wife says Mladic has suffered three strokes: Report
Belgrade: Arrested Bosnian Serb war crimes suspect Ratko Mladic has suffered three strokes and has no feeling in the right side of his body, his wife Bosilijka told media in a rare interview published on Sunday.
A lawyer for Mladic, arrested on Thursday and facing extradition to a UN war crimes tribunal in The Hague, has argued that the former general is unfit to be transferred to the international court.
"He is taking medication, he told me, but I don`t think that such medical treatment is enough. He told me and our son that he had a severe stroke in 2008 and that it was the third. Since then he has no feeling in the right side of his body," Bosilijka Mladic said in the interview with the daily Vecernje
Bosilijka, who along with their son Darko has been meeting with Mladic since his arrest, also said he had apologised to his family.
"He apologised to us for everything we have gone through because of him. He apologised several times," she said.
Mladic, accused of masterminding the 1995 Srebrenica massacre and other atrocities during the 1992-95 Bosnian war, is facing charges of war crimes, genocide and crimes against humanity at the UN court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Happy Bhag Jayegi': 'Aashiq Tera' track highlights the love triangle between Diana Penty, Abhay Deol, Ali Fazal—Watch video
- Lionel Messi's new look: The hair bleach fever has caught the Argentine legend – Pic inside!
- Sensitive issues could damage ties with US military: China
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused' bail plea
- German minister rejects blanket suspicion of refugees after attacks