WikiLeaks blames Guardian for US cables leak
London: Anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks says that its massive archive of unredacted US State Department cables has been exposed in a security breach, and blamed a British newspaper.
In a 1,600-word-long editorial posted to the Internet early Thursday morning, WikiLeaks accused the Guardian newspaper`s investigative reporter David Leigh of divulging the password needed to decrypt the files in a book published earlier this year.
The Guardian and Leigh have both denied wrongdoing.
US officials have said that the disclosure of the entire unredacted archive could have potentially serious consequences for informants, activists and others quoted in the cables.
Copies of the files appeared to be circulating freely around the Web.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read