WikiLeaks blames Guardian for US cables leak
London: Anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks says that its massive archive of unredacted US State Department cables has been exposed in a security breach, and blamed a British newspaper.
In a 1,600-word-long editorial posted to the Internet early Thursday morning, WikiLeaks accused the Guardian newspaper`s investigative reporter David Leigh of divulging the password needed to decrypt the files in a book published earlier this year.
The Guardian and Leigh have both denied wrongdoing.
US officials have said that the disclosure of the entire unredacted archive could have potentially serious consequences for informants, activists and others quoted in the cables.
Copies of the files appeared to be circulating freely around the Web.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack