WikiLeaks case: Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years in prison
Zee Media Bureau
Fort Meade: Accused of leaking classified material to the anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks, Private First Class Bradley Manning has been sentenced 35 years in prison by a military judge.
According to the judgement, Manning has to serve one-third of the sentence before he becomes eligible for parole.
Manning had faced up to 90 years in prison for leaking more than 700,000 Iraq and Afghanistan battlefield reports and State Department diplomatic cables in 2010 while working as an intelligence analyst in Iraq.
He also leaked video of an US helicopter attack in Baghdad in which at least nine people were killed, including a news agency photographer and his driver.
Army Col Denise Lind on Tuesday said she was still deliberating but was confident she would have a sentence by today morning at 7:30 am.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read