WikiLeaks releases more Syria emails?
London: In continuing leaks of official communication from Syria, whistleblower website Wikileaks has released thousands of emails related to the troubled country`s ministries of Foreign Affairs and Presidential Affairs.
The website began publishing what it called `Syria Files` from July 5. The latest releases were published on September 10 and 11.
It said in a statement: "This extraordinary data set derives from 680 Syria-related entities or domain names, including those of the Ministries of Presidential Affairs, Foreign Affairs, Finance, Information, Transport and Culture.
At this time Syria is undergoing a violent internal conflict that has killed between 6,000 and 15,000 people in the last 18 months."
WikiLeaks added: "The Syria Files shine a light on the inner workings of the Syrian government and economy, but they also reveal how the West and Western companies say one thing and do another."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley