Wildfires smoke forces Siberian airport shut
Moscow: An airport in the Siberian city of Yakutsk was closed Saturday due to thick smoke from wildfires, according to the airport authority.
"Yakutsk airport was closed until 11.00 p.m. local time due to thick smog," it said.
A total of sixteen wild fires were raging across 3,600 hectares in the republic Friday, said the local forestry department.
The city is blanketed in smoke which is stinging the eyes of local residents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!