Wildfires smoke forces Siberian airport shut
Moscow: An airport in the Siberian city of Yakutsk was closed Saturday due to thick smoke from wildfires, according to the airport authority.
"Yakutsk airport was closed until 11.00 p.m. local time due to thick smog," it said.
A total of sixteen wild fires were raging across 3,600 hectares in the republic Friday, said the local forestry department.
The city is blanketed in smoke which is stinging the eyes of local residents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter