Wildfires smoke forces Siberian airport shut
Moscow: An airport in the Siberian city of Yakutsk was closed Saturday due to thick smoke from wildfires, according to the airport authority.
"Yakutsk airport was closed until 11.00 p.m. local time due to thick smog," it said.
A total of sixteen wild fires were raging across 3,600 hectares in the republic Friday, said the local forestry department.
The city is blanketed in smoke which is stinging the eyes of local residents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy