Wildfires smoke forces Siberian airport shut
Moscow: An airport in the Siberian city of Yakutsk was closed Saturday due to thick smoke from wildfires, according to the airport authority.
"Yakutsk airport was closed until 11.00 p.m. local time due to thick smog," it said.
A total of sixteen wild fires were raging across 3,600 hectares in the republic Friday, said the local forestry department.
The city is blanketed in smoke which is stinging the eyes of local residents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'