Wildfires smoke forces Siberian airport shut
Moscow: An airport in the Siberian city of Yakutsk was closed Saturday due to thick smoke from wildfires, according to the airport authority.
"Yakutsk airport was closed until 11.00 p.m. local time due to thick smog," it said.
A total of sixteen wild fires were raging across 3,600 hectares in the republic Friday, said the local forestry department.
The city is blanketed in smoke which is stinging the eyes of local residents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?