Will be pleased if female succeeds me: Dalai Lama
Washington: The Dalai Lama has voiced a progressive view, saying he would be pleased if a woman succeeded him.
Cathy Newman, a presenter with the United Kingdom`s Channel 4 News, had recently asked his Holiness whether he would be happy about a woman successor.
The Buddhist leader, without skipping a beat, said it would be good because biologically females have more potential to develop affection or love to others.
According to the Huffington Post, he said that women are more sensitive and have more potential to take active role regarding promotion of human compassion.
The Dalai Lama, who serves as the spiritual leader of the Tibetan people, has alluded previously to the possibility of a woman eventually filling his role.
In 2008, a college student asked His Holiness about a woman succeeding him, and he reportedly said that it was possible.
In 2009, he even referred to himself as a feminist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire