Will be pleased if female succeeds me: Dalai Lama
Washington: The Dalai Lama has voiced a progressive view, saying he would be pleased if a woman succeeded him.
Cathy Newman, a presenter with the United Kingdom`s Channel 4 News, had recently asked his Holiness whether he would be happy about a woman successor.
The Buddhist leader, without skipping a beat, said it would be good because biologically females have more potential to develop affection or love to others.
According to the Huffington Post, he said that women are more sensitive and have more potential to take active role regarding promotion of human compassion.
The Dalai Lama, who serves as the spiritual leader of the Tibetan people, has alluded previously to the possibility of a woman eventually filling his role.
In 2008, a college student asked His Holiness about a woman succeeding him, and he reportedly said that it was possible.
In 2009, he even referred to himself as a feminist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February