Will be pleased if female succeeds me: Dalai Lama
Washington: The Dalai Lama has voiced a progressive view, saying he would be pleased if a woman succeeded him.
Cathy Newman, a presenter with the United Kingdom`s Channel 4 News, had recently asked his Holiness whether he would be happy about a woman successor.
The Buddhist leader, without skipping a beat, said it would be good because biologically females have more potential to develop affection or love to others.
According to the Huffington Post, he said that women are more sensitive and have more potential to take active role regarding promotion of human compassion.
The Dalai Lama, who serves as the spiritual leader of the Tibetan people, has alluded previously to the possibility of a woman eventually filling his role.
In 2008, a college student asked His Holiness about a woman succeeding him, and he reportedly said that it was possible.
In 2009, he even referred to himself as a feminist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Virender Sehwag fulfills Sakshi Malik's desire to meet him; this tweet tells how GLAD he is
- Asked to remove pugree at US embassy, BJP MP refuses to take visa
- Pink Ball Test: Jury still out on sighting, no reverse swing for pacers or turn for spinners
- RCom-Aircel expected to sign merger deal by Sept 1st week
- Mehbooba flies to Delhi as one more killed in Kashmir violence; toll rises to 70