Will be pleased if female succeeds me: Dalai Lama
Washington: The Dalai Lama has voiced a progressive view, saying he would be pleased if a woman succeeded him.
Cathy Newman, a presenter with the United Kingdom`s Channel 4 News, had recently asked his Holiness whether he would be happy about a woman successor.
The Buddhist leader, without skipping a beat, said it would be good because biologically females have more potential to develop affection or love to others.
According to the Huffington Post, he said that women are more sensitive and have more potential to take active role regarding promotion of human compassion.
The Dalai Lama, who serves as the spiritual leader of the Tibetan people, has alluded previously to the possibility of a woman eventually filling his role.
In 2008, a college student asked His Holiness about a woman succeeding him, and he reportedly said that it was possible.
In 2009, he even referred to himself as a feminist.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Primordial black holes and dark matter are linked: NASA
- Check UBSE / UEEB 10th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 announced
- Check UBSE / UEEB 12th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 12th Exam Results 2016 declared
- FSSAI probing 'cancer-causing bread' issue, may ban harmful food additives
- Afghan Taliban confirms death of Mansour, names Haibatullah Akhundzada as new leader