Will judge North Korea by its actions: US
Washington: The US has said that it would judge the North Korean leadership based on their actions and not on their speeches.
The State Department reaction came in response to the New Year speech of the North Korean leader Kim Jong-un`s in which he spoke about trying to promote North-South reconciliation and improving economy.
"We obviously take note of the speech, but we have to judge the DPRK (Democratic People Republic of Korea) not by its words but by its actions. You know the actions that he took just before Christmas, which did not make the situation any easier," Victoria Nuland, the State Department spokesperson, told reporters yesterday at her daily news conference.
"We continue to make it clear that we believe this leader has a choice to make. He can fulfil his international obligations, he can come back into compliance with his commitments under the 2005 joint statements of the six-party talks and his, and come into compliance with UN Security Council resolutions.”
"...And then he will feel a response from all of us, or he can continue on the course that he`s on, which is only serving to further isolate his country and further impoverish his people," Nuland said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?