Will judge North Korea by its actions: US
Washington: The US has said that it would judge the North Korean leadership based on their actions and not on their speeches.
The State Department reaction came in response to the New Year speech of the North Korean leader Kim Jong-un`s in which he spoke about trying to promote North-South reconciliation and improving economy.
"We obviously take note of the speech, but we have to judge the DPRK (Democratic People Republic of Korea) not by its words but by its actions. You know the actions that he took just before Christmas, which did not make the situation any easier," Victoria Nuland, the State Department spokesperson, told reporters yesterday at her daily news conference.
"We continue to make it clear that we believe this leader has a choice to make. He can fulfil his international obligations, he can come back into compliance with his commitments under the 2005 joint statements of the six-party talks and his, and come into compliance with UN Security Council resolutions.”
"...And then he will feel a response from all of us, or he can continue on the course that he`s on, which is only serving to further isolate his country and further impoverish his people," Nuland said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24