Will judge North Korea by its actions: US
Washington: The US has said that it would judge the North Korean leadership based on their actions and not on their speeches.
The State Department reaction came in response to the New Year speech of the North Korean leader Kim Jong-un`s in which he spoke about trying to promote North-South reconciliation and improving economy.
"We obviously take note of the speech, but we have to judge the DPRK (Democratic People Republic of Korea) not by its words but by its actions. You know the actions that he took just before Christmas, which did not make the situation any easier," Victoria Nuland, the State Department spokesperson, told reporters yesterday at her daily news conference.
"We continue to make it clear that we believe this leader has a choice to make. He can fulfil his international obligations, he can come back into compliance with his commitments under the 2005 joint statements of the six-party talks and his, and come into compliance with UN Security Council resolutions.”
"...And then he will feel a response from all of us, or he can continue on the course that he`s on, which is only serving to further isolate his country and further impoverish his people," Nuland said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3