Will never tolerate attack on US citizens: Obama
Washington: President Barack Obama on Saturday warned that his administration will "never tolerate" attack on US citizens and assured his fellow countrymen that those who attack Americans will find no escape from justice.
In his weekly address to the nation, Obama made it clear that as Commander-in-Chief he will never tolerate efforts to harm Americans and will ensure that those who attack them find no escape from justice.
Obama`s tough message to those who indulge in anti-US attacks came a day after he received bodies of four Americans who were killed in an attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi, which included US Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens.
"As we mourn their loss, we must also send a clear and resolute message to the world: those who attack our people will find no escape from justice. We will not waver in their pursuit. And we will never allow anyone to shake the resolve of the United States of America," Obama said.
"We stand for religious freedom. And we reject the denigration of any religion ? including Islam," he said.
"There is never any justification for violence. There is no religion that condones the targeting of innocent men and women. There is no excuse for attacks on our embassies and consulates. And so long as I am Commander-in-Chief, the United States will never tolerate efforts to harm our fellow Americans," Obama said.
"We are doing whatever we can to protect Americans who are serving abroad. We are in contact with governments around the globe, to strengthen our cooperation, and underscore that every nation has a responsibility to help us protect our people," he said a day after attacks on US missions in several Arab countries over a film deemed offensive to Islam.
"We have moved forward with an effort to see that justice is done for those we lost, and we will not rest until that work is done," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi