Will resolutely fight with Japan for control of islands: China
Beijing: A day after its patrol plane was confronted by Japanese fighter jets over the disputed islands, China today said it will "resolutely fight" for the control of disputed islands with Japan and accused Tokyo of violating post second world war order by buying the islets.
"We oppose Japanese sides illegal purchase of Diaoyu islands (referred as Senkakus by Japan) islands which blatantly infringe upon China`s territorial sovereignty", Chinese Foreign Ministry, spokesman, Hong Lei told media briefing.
He was responding to a question on comments by Foreign Minister, Yang Jiechi that China would "resolutely fight" with Japan over the islands.
"The Japanese side action has violated post war international order", Hong said.
About Japan scrambling its jet fighters to confront the first Chinese air patrol yesterday, Hong said the uninhabited island and its affiliated islands as well as airspace and territorial waters are China`s "inherent territory and China has sovereign right over them".
"Since September this year Japanese side has repeatedly sent ships and planes to the territorial waters of China`s Diaoyu islands. We are firmly opposed to that", he said.
Japan lodged a diplomatic protest with China over the issue.
Hong said China repeatedly requested Japanese side to stop illegal activities of airspace in the Diayu islands including stop its jets from flying over the islands.
"It is quite normal for China`s maritime plane to carry out activities to define China`s sovereignty and territorial integrity", he said adding that such patrols are necessary.
"Hope Japanese side will show its sincerity and take concrete actions to solve the issue through dialogue and bring China-Japan relations back to the track of normal development", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting begins - Who will win BJP or Shiv Sena?
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan