Will resolutely fight with Japan for control of islands: China
Beijing: A day after its patrol plane was confronted by Japanese fighter jets over the disputed islands, China today said it will "resolutely fight" for the control of disputed islands with Japan and accused Tokyo of violating post second world war order by buying the islets.
"We oppose Japanese sides illegal purchase of Diaoyu islands (referred as Senkakus by Japan) islands which blatantly infringe upon China`s territorial sovereignty", Chinese Foreign Ministry, spokesman, Hong Lei told media briefing.
He was responding to a question on comments by Foreign Minister, Yang Jiechi that China would "resolutely fight" with Japan over the islands.
"The Japanese side action has violated post war international order", Hong said.
About Japan scrambling its jet fighters to confront the first Chinese air patrol yesterday, Hong said the uninhabited island and its affiliated islands as well as airspace and territorial waters are China`s "inherent territory and China has sovereign right over them".
"Since September this year Japanese side has repeatedly sent ships and planes to the territorial waters of China`s Diaoyu islands. We are firmly opposed to that", he said.
Japan lodged a diplomatic protest with China over the issue.
Hong said China repeatedly requested Japanese side to stop illegal activities of airspace in the Diayu islands including stop its jets from flying over the islands.
"It is quite normal for China`s maritime plane to carry out activities to define China`s sovereignty and territorial integrity", he said adding that such patrols are necessary.
"Hope Japanese side will show its sincerity and take concrete actions to solve the issue through dialogue and bring China-Japan relations back to the track of normal development", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert