William, Kate to join Queen in jubilee procession
London: Prince William and his wife
Catherine will re-live one of their wedding day highlights
when they accompany Queen Elizabeth II in her diamond jubilee
carriage procession, officials said on Thursday.
Buckingham Palace released new details of the
celebrations taking place in London on June 5, the fourth and
final day of the jubilee holiday weekend marking the monarch`s
60th year on the British throne.
Events include a thanksgiving service at St Paul`s
Cathedral followed by two receptions, a lunch at Westminster
Hall, a carriage procession to Buckingham Palace and finally a
balcony appearance and military flypast.
The palace revealed that William and Catherine, whose
formal titles are the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, will take
part in the procession, along with William`s younger brother
It will be the first time William and the former Kate
Middleton have taken part in a procession since their wedding
on April 29, 2011, an event that was watched by an estimated
two billion people worldwide.
Heir to the throne Prince Charles -- the father of
William and Harry -- and his wife Camilla will also take part
in the procession, the palace said.
After the service at St Paul`s, where outgoing Archbishop
of Canterbury Rowan Williams will give a sermon, the queen and
her husband Prince Philip will attend a reception at Mansion
House, the official residence of the Lord Mayor of London.
All the royals will then attend lunch at Westminster Hall
in the Houses of Parliament, where the queen gave a speech on
Tuesday rededicating herself to the service of the country.
They will then leave for Buckingham Palace "travelling
along a processional route by carriage" lined with service
personnel from the British Army, the Royal Navy and the Royal
Air Force, the palace said.
Troops will fire a 60-gun salute during the procession.
Finally the royals will take to the Buckingham Palace
balcony -- where William and Catherine kissed twice before the
crowds on their wedding day -- to watch a flypast by RAF
The jubilee weekend starts on Saturday June 2 with the
Epsom Derby, while on Sunday there is a pageant of boats on
the River Thames.
On the Monday there will be a concert outside Buckingham
Palace, featuring stars such as Paul McCartney and Elton John.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof