Wills-Kat express grief over Indian-origin nurse’s death
London: Prince William and Kate have revealed their sadness at the apparent suicide of an Indian-origin nurse at the hospital.
The body of Jacintha Saldanha was found at an address near the King Edward VII’s Hospital in London, the Telegraph reported.
She had been the victim of two Australian radio DJs who impersonated the Queen and the Prince of Wales to dupe her into giving a condition update on Kate, who was suffering severe morning sickness at the private hospital.
In a statement St James’s Palace said: “The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are deeply saddened to learn of the death of Jacintha Saldanha.”
“Their Royal Highnesses were looked after so wonderfully well at all times by everybody at King Edward VII Hospital, and their thoughts and prayers are with Jacintha Saldanha’s family, friends and colleagues at this very sad time,” the statement read.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt