Window of opportunity for Iran will not last forever
Washington: Asking Iran to give up its nuclear weapons ambitions, the White House on Monday warned Tehran that the window of opportunity for it would not remain open indefinitely.
"There is no question, as we`ve said many times, that the window of opportunity for Iran will not remain open indefinitely," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters.
"There is opportunity here for Tehran to give up its nuclear weapons ambitions, to comply with UN Security Council resolutions, to get right with the international community and thereby rejoin the international community and end its isolation from the world because of its behavior," he said.
"But that period of opportunity, as the President has said and as others have said, will not last forever. And our policy is founded upon the goal that Iran will not acquire a nuclear weapon, and the President is very serious about that," he said in response to a question.
"We take no option off the table, including the military option. That`s a point the President has made repeatedly," he said but refused to characterize any time frame to it.
“I won`t characterize a time frame here, but there is no question that as Iran continues to flout its responsibilities, as it continues to take seriously the insistence of the international community and fails to produce tangible progress in P-5 plus one talks that its opportunities to get right with the international community diminish, as does the time frame in which they can do that," Carney argued.
"But I`m not going to put an end date certain. Obviously there`s a lot upon which that depends," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof