Wing problem grounds Sydney-bound Qantas flight
Melbourne: A Sydney-bound Qantas plane, carrying 214 people on board, was on Thursday forced to turn back to Melbourne due to a potential wing flap problem.
Flight QF430 took off from Melbourne Airport at 12.20 pm but then was reverted back to Melbourne after a cockpit indicator showed a potential problem with one of the plane`s wingflaps, according to reports.
Passengers initially stayed on board the Boeing 767 of the Australian airline after landing but were asked to disembark when the problem could not be rectified immediately.
The pilots had followed procedure and that passengers would be accommodated on alternative flights, Qantas spokesman Tom Woodward said, adding the airline hoped to get affected passengers onto flights by late this afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM