Wisconsin gurdwara shooter acted alone: FBI
New York: A white supremacist, who killed six Sikhs at a gurdwara in the US state of Wisconsin in August, had acted alone and there was no evidence that the attack was part of any ongoing threat to the community, the FBI has said, concluding its probe into the tragic incident.
"The FBI investigation indicates Wade Michael Page acted alone and was not assisted in committing this violent crime killing six and wounding four other victims. No evidence was uncovered to conclude this attack was directed or facilitated by any white supremacist group," Teresa Carlson, Special Agent in charge of the FBI Milwaukee Division, said.
The FBI briefed the victims and family members of the deceased on the results of the investigation on November 16, it said.
"We join the Sikh community in grieving the loss of their loved ones. We continue to work with temple leaders and all of our law enforcement partners in an effort to keep the community safe," Carlson said.
During the shooting at the gurdwara, 40-year-old Page "exchanged gun fire with two Oak Creek police officers seriously wounding one, before being shot by another officer, then turning his weapon on himself. There is also no evidence to suggest the attack was part of any ongoing threat to the Sikh community," the FBI statement said.
During the course of its investigation, the FBI generated 200 investigative leads; conducted 300 interviews; and collected more than 200 pieces of evidence.
Thirty agencies responded to the incident, including 27 local, one state and two federal agencies, Carlson said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!