Wisconsin Gurdwara to receive 2012 Solidarity Award
Washington: The Gurdwara in Wisconsin, which experienced a shooting spree by a white supremacist last month, leaving six worshipers dead, will receive the "2012 Solidarity Award" by an eminent American Muslim organization.
The award by Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) would be presented to a Gurdwara representative at the organization`s banquet and Leadership Skills Training Conference on September in Virginia.
"The Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, was the site of an August shooting spree by a white supremacist that left six worshipers dead. It will receive the award for friendship and solidarity with the American Muslim community," CAIR said in a media release.
The Islamic Society of Joplin, which was destroyed by a suspicious fire in the same month, after an unsuccessful arson attempt in July that was caught on a surveillance camera would receive "2012 Courage Award."
"Its award is for courage in the face of adversity," CAIR said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead