Wish I would have done it: Clinton on Osama raids
Washington: To bolster US President Barack Obama`s image ahead of Presidential election, the Obama Campaign has come up with a video featuring former President Bill Clinton praising Obama`s handling of the raid on Osama bin Laden`s compound last year.
"He took the harder, and the more honorable path. When I
saw what had happened, I thought to myself, `I hope that`s the
call I would`ve made," Clinton says in the video released by
the Obama Campaign.
It was among the toughest decisions Obama would make as
Commander-in-Chief and a victory for the nation, the Obama
Campaign said in a statement releasing the video footage which
is part of the "The Road We`ve Traveled" which would be
released March 15.
This one minute 10 seconds video footage highlights
Obama`s decision to authorise the operation that killed Osama
"Entire national security apparatus was in that room. The
President turns to every principle in the room, what do you
recommend I do? And they say, it`s a close call Mr President.
As he walked out of the room, he is all alone, this is his
decision," says the Vice President, Joe Biden.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday