Wish I would have done it: Clinton on Osama raids
Washington: To bolster US President Barack Obama`s image ahead of Presidential election, the Obama Campaign has come up with a video featuring former President Bill Clinton praising Obama`s handling of the raid on Osama bin Laden`s compound last year.
"He took the harder, and the more honorable path. When I
saw what had happened, I thought to myself, `I hope that`s the
call I would`ve made," Clinton says in the video released by
the Obama Campaign.
It was among the toughest decisions Obama would make as
Commander-in-Chief and a victory for the nation, the Obama
Campaign said in a statement releasing the video footage which
is part of the "The Road We`ve Traveled" which would be
released March 15.
This one minute 10 seconds video footage highlights
Obama`s decision to authorise the operation that killed Osama
"Entire national security apparatus was in that room. The
President turns to every principle in the room, what do you
recommend I do? And they say, it`s a close call Mr President.
As he walked out of the room, he is all alone, this is his
decision," says the Vice President, Joe Biden.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'