With pocket money, little boy induces thief to leave
London: A thief in Britain fled after a little boy emerged from hiding and gave him his pocket money. The thief was later caught and jailed for seven years for causing a violent disorder.
The frightened 11-year-old emerged from hiding under a bed to strike the deal and handed over his four pounds (about $6) pocket money. The baby-faced gang leader fled even as a raid was being conducted at the house, a judge heard.
Ricky Purcell, 20, "whose masked thugs had burst in armed with knives and hammers" amazingly agreed to leave with the cash, The Sun reported.
Policemen later nicked the self-styled "Mr Big" over the raid which saw the boy`s mother hit over the head as she pleaded with the gang not to hurt her kids in Cornwall. Her partner was tortured with a knife.
At the Truro Crown Court, Purcell admitted violent disorder and was locked up for six years and eight months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway