With pocket money, little boy induces thief to leave
London: A thief in Britain fled after a little boy emerged from hiding and gave him his pocket money. The thief was later caught and jailed for seven years for causing a violent disorder.
The frightened 11-year-old emerged from hiding under a bed to strike the deal and handed over his four pounds (about $6) pocket money. The baby-faced gang leader fled even as a raid was being conducted at the house, a judge heard.
Ricky Purcell, 20, "whose masked thugs had burst in armed with knives and hammers" amazingly agreed to leave with the cash, The Sun reported.
Policemen later nicked the self-styled "Mr Big" over the raid which saw the boy`s mother hit over the head as she pleaded with the gang not to hurt her kids in Cornwall. Her partner was tortured with a knife.
At the Truro Crown Court, Purcell admitted violent disorder and was locked up for six years and eight months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information