Woman accused of murder of Indian assaulted 9/11 FDNY firefighter
Washington: A deranged woman accused of pushing an Indian immigrant to death in front of a subway in a twisted 9/11 vendetta once assaulted an FDNY hero who rushed to the burning twin towers.
Erika Menendez is facing second-degree murder charges for shoving off Sunando Sen at a Queens subway station.
According to the New York Daily News, the 31-year-old, weed-smoking suspect has a violent history that retired Battalion Chief Daniel Conlisk knows firsthand.
Conlisk, 65, told the Daily News that the whole situation is sad and horrible, and now considered himself lucky.
Menendez said she pushed Sen because of a “hate for Hindus and Muslims” she blamed for the 2001 terrorist attacks.
Conlisk was dumbfounded after he was told Menendez’s use of 9/11 as an excuse to kill an innocent man.
On the day of the terror attacks, Conlisk was among a group of Queens firefighters who rushed to the World Trade Center on a commandeered city bus.
Conlisk, whose father was an FDNY deputy chief, has seen the evil side of Menendez and said he knew she’s capable of murder.
According to the report, just two years after 9/11, Conlisk was taking out the trash at his Ridgewood, Queens, home, when Menendez appeared out of the darkness and randomly attacked him.
He recalled that while going out with the recyclables, Menendez immediately came and stood in front of him and shouted ‘You f---ed my mother!’
He said that she started charging at him and clawed at his face.
When cops arrived, Menendez returned to the scene, screaming that Conlisk had “stolen her rings in high school.”
After the assault, Conlisk took out two consecutive orders of protection against Menendez. He said Menendez’s boyfriend begged him not to file charges.
Police said two months before she assaulted Conlisk, Menendez was arrested for punching a 28-year-old man in the face inside her home on Palmetto St in Queens.
She has at least eight prior arrests stretching back to her teens, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months