Woman accused of murder of Indian assaulted 9/11 FDNY firefighter
Washington: A deranged woman accused of pushing an Indian immigrant to death in front of a subway in a twisted 9/11 vendetta once assaulted an FDNY hero who rushed to the burning twin towers.
Erika Menendez is facing second-degree murder charges for shoving off Sunando Sen at a Queens subway station.
According to the New York Daily News, the 31-year-old, weed-smoking suspect has a violent history that retired Battalion Chief Daniel Conlisk knows firsthand.
Conlisk, 65, told the Daily News that the whole situation is sad and horrible, and now considered himself lucky.
Menendez said she pushed Sen because of a “hate for Hindus and Muslims” she blamed for the 2001 terrorist attacks.
Conlisk was dumbfounded after he was told Menendez’s use of 9/11 as an excuse to kill an innocent man.
On the day of the terror attacks, Conlisk was among a group of Queens firefighters who rushed to the World Trade Center on a commandeered city bus.
Conlisk, whose father was an FDNY deputy chief, has seen the evil side of Menendez and said he knew she’s capable of murder.
According to the report, just two years after 9/11, Conlisk was taking out the trash at his Ridgewood, Queens, home, when Menendez appeared out of the darkness and randomly attacked him.
He recalled that while going out with the recyclables, Menendez immediately came and stood in front of him and shouted ‘You f---ed my mother!’
He said that she started charging at him and clawed at his face.
When cops arrived, Menendez returned to the scene, screaming that Conlisk had “stolen her rings in high school.”
After the assault, Conlisk took out two consecutive orders of protection against Menendez. He said Menendez’s boyfriend begged him not to file charges.
Police said two months before she assaulted Conlisk, Menendez was arrested for punching a 28-year-old man in the face inside her home on Palmetto St in Queens.
She has at least eight prior arrests stretching back to her teens, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow