Woman accused of murder of Indian assaulted 9/11 FDNY firefighter
Washington: A deranged woman accused of pushing an Indian immigrant to death in front of a subway in a twisted 9/11 vendetta once assaulted an FDNY hero who rushed to the burning twin towers.
Erika Menendez is facing second-degree murder charges for shoving off Sunando Sen at a Queens subway station.
According to the New York Daily News, the 31-year-old, weed-smoking suspect has a violent history that retired Battalion Chief Daniel Conlisk knows firsthand.
Conlisk, 65, told the Daily News that the whole situation is sad and horrible, and now considered himself lucky.
Menendez said she pushed Sen because of a “hate for Hindus and Muslims” she blamed for the 2001 terrorist attacks.
Conlisk was dumbfounded after he was told Menendez’s use of 9/11 as an excuse to kill an innocent man.
On the day of the terror attacks, Conlisk was among a group of Queens firefighters who rushed to the World Trade Center on a commandeered city bus.
Conlisk, whose father was an FDNY deputy chief, has seen the evil side of Menendez and said he knew she’s capable of murder.
According to the report, just two years after 9/11, Conlisk was taking out the trash at his Ridgewood, Queens, home, when Menendez appeared out of the darkness and randomly attacked him.
He recalled that while going out with the recyclables, Menendez immediately came and stood in front of him and shouted ‘You f---ed my mother!’
He said that she started charging at him and clawed at his face.
When cops arrived, Menendez returned to the scene, screaming that Conlisk had “stolen her rings in high school.”
After the assault, Conlisk took out two consecutive orders of protection against Menendez. He said Menendez’s boyfriend begged him not to file charges.
Police said two months before she assaulted Conlisk, Menendez was arrested for punching a 28-year-old man in the face inside her home on Palmetto St in Queens.
She has at least eight prior arrests stretching back to her teens, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'