Woman dies after waking at own funeral
London: A sick woman died of shock on waking up at her own funeral, it was reported.
Fagilyu Mukhametzyanov, 49, woke up as relatives were praying at her open coffin, a newspaper reported.
She screamed on realising that she was going to be buried.
The woman was promptly taken to a hospital in Kazan, Russia, where, however, she was declared dead from a suspected heart attack.
"Her eyes fluttered and we immediately rushed her back to the hospital," the woman`s husband Fagili was quoted as saying.
"But she only lived another 12 minutes before she died again, this time for good."
Fagili is planning to take legal action against the hospital. "I am very angry and want some answers. She wasn`t dead when they said she was and they could have saved her."
A hospital spokesperson said that they were carrying out an investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets