Woman doctor axed to death in China
Beijing: A woman doctor was Thursday axed to death by a man at a hospital in north China`s Tianjin metropolis, police said.
Kang Hongqian, said to be around 40 years old, was attacked and killed at 1.30 p.m. by the axe-wielding man at her clinic on the second floor of the hospital building affiliated to the Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Xinhua reported.
Kang was the chief doctor with the department of acupuncture.
The middle-aged attacker, whose identity was not known, jumped out of the building after the attack and wounded himself. He was taken into police custody.
In a similar attack in March, a teenager stabbed a doctor to death and injured three other people at a hospital in Harbin, capital of the northeast Heilongjiang province.
The attacker, sentenced to life imprisonment, told the court he attacked the medical workers because they allegedly denied him treatment because his family was poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days