Woman doctor held for selling newborn in Russia
Moscow: A woman doctor at a maternity clinic in Russia was detained by police when he tried to sell a newborn baby for one million rubles (around $32,000), police said.
The incident took place in the southern city of Vladikavkaz.
The woman was caught red-handed as she accepted the first half of the sum, 500,000 rubles from police who posed as buyers. The deal came a few days after the baby was born.
"When we received a report that a doctor is involved in selling babies, police officers came to her posing as buyers. The doctor`s answer was: Wait," a police spokesman said, adding that three days later the deal was done.
Police suspect that the doctor could have forced the baby`s young mother to sell her child.
This is not the first case, when the chief doctor of the clinic in the capital of Russia`s republic of North Ossetia is involved in a child-selling deal, police said.
A spokesman for the Federal Security Service said the suspect is a member of a child trafficking racket, which also involves other senior officials at clinics in North Ossetia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside