Woman finds blood-covered needle inside bread in UK
London: A woman in Britain opened a loaf of bread to make a sandwich for her 10-year-old child, but discovered inside it a blood-covered needle used by a heroin-taking man.
The woman bought the bread in Pendleton, Greater Manchester. When she noticed the syringe, she handed it in to police, the Daily Mail reported.
Police used DNA tracing to track down 61-year-old David Rodgers of Salford, Greater Manchester, the Manchester Magistrates` Court heard.
The needle had been pushed through the plastic wrapper by Rodgers, when he visited the shop with his wife, in a desperate attempt to avoid her finding out he was back on the drug.
The man pleaded guilty to contaminating the loaf with intent to cause public alarm.
Rodgers was warned he could face jail. There was no suggestion he had a grudge against the shop.
Rodgers said he was aware of the "hurt and distress" caused to the mother and her family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley