Woman finds blood-covered needle inside bread in UK
London: A woman in Britain opened a loaf of bread to make a sandwich for her 10-year-old child, but discovered inside it a blood-covered needle used by a heroin-taking man.
The woman bought the bread in Pendleton, Greater Manchester. When she noticed the syringe, she handed it in to police, the Daily Mail reported.
Police used DNA tracing to track down 61-year-old David Rodgers of Salford, Greater Manchester, the Manchester Magistrates` Court heard.
The needle had been pushed through the plastic wrapper by Rodgers, when he visited the shop with his wife, in a desperate attempt to avoid her finding out he was back on the drug.
The man pleaded guilty to contaminating the loaf with intent to cause public alarm.
Rodgers was warned he could face jail. There was no suggestion he had a grudge against the shop.
Rodgers said he was aware of the "hurt and distress" caused to the mother and her family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29