Woman finds blood-covered needle inside bread in UK
London: A woman in Britain opened a loaf of bread to make a sandwich for her 10-year-old child, but discovered inside it a blood-covered needle used by a heroin-taking man.
The woman bought the bread in Pendleton, Greater Manchester. When she noticed the syringe, she handed it in to police, the Daily Mail reported.
Police used DNA tracing to track down 61-year-old David Rodgers of Salford, Greater Manchester, the Manchester Magistrates` Court heard.
The needle had been pushed through the plastic wrapper by Rodgers, when he visited the shop with his wife, in a desperate attempt to avoid her finding out he was back on the drug.
The man pleaded guilty to contaminating the loaf with intent to cause public alarm.
Rodgers was warned he could face jail. There was no suggestion he had a grudge against the shop.
Rodgers said he was aware of the "hurt and distress" caused to the mother and her family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray