Woman finds maggots in Qantas snack
Melbourne: An Australian woman said on Monday how
she was horrified to discover live maggots in a snack she was
eating while on a Qantas flight from Los Angeles to Melbourne.
Victoria Cleven began tucking into her snack of nuts and
dried fruit as she made her way home on Thursday. At the time,
she did not turn on her overhead light as the cabin was
"It tasted strange, and I turned the light on and looked
at the rest of the packet, and just started seeing maggots
coming out of it everywhere," Cleven, 42, told Melbourne`s
"I couldn`t talk. I was nearly throwing up. I was beside
Her 15-year-old son then checked two other packets of the
snack and found they also were seething with maggots.
Qantas said it had apologised to the woman and would
investigate how the situation arose.
"We`ve apologised to her for her experience," a Qantas
spokesman said. "We`re speaking to the supplier of the
trail mix to try to establish how it could have happened.
"We`re taking it very seriously," the spokesman added. (AFP)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding