Woman finds maggots in Qantas snack
Melbourne: An Australian woman said on Monday how
she was horrified to discover live maggots in a snack she was
eating while on a Qantas flight from Los Angeles to Melbourne.
Victoria Cleven began tucking into her snack of nuts and
dried fruit as she made her way home on Thursday. At the time,
she did not turn on her overhead light as the cabin was
"It tasted strange, and I turned the light on and looked
at the rest of the packet, and just started seeing maggots
coming out of it everywhere," Cleven, 42, told Melbourne`s
"I couldn`t talk. I was nearly throwing up. I was beside
Her 15-year-old son then checked two other packets of the
snack and found they also were seething with maggots.
Qantas said it had apologised to the woman and would
investigate how the situation arose.
"We`ve apologised to her for her experience," a Qantas
spokesman said. "We`re speaking to the supplier of the
trail mix to try to establish how it could have happened.
"We`re taking it very seriously," the spokesman added. (AFP)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh
- Pakistan celebrate 'incredible journey' to No.1 in Test Cricket after 7 years