Woman, her three children shot dead in Guatemala
Guatemala City: A woman and her three children were fatally shot in Guatemalas` eastern province of Chiquimula, police said Friday.
The quadruple-murder took place Thursday night in the municipality of Olopa, a police spokesman told the media.
Leticia Villeda, 50, son Henser and daughter Sandra - both in their early 20s - died on the spot. Another daughter, Delmy, was declared dead at a hospital in Chiquimula.
The killings appear to have occurred in the course of an armed robbery, the police said.
Three women and an eight-month-old baby were killed last Saturday at their residence in the town of Asuncion Mita, 190 km southeast of Guatemala City.
The women ran a small shop/tavern inside the home and the gunmen sat drinking beer for several minutes before they started shooting.
Seven members of a family, including two minors, were slain the same day in Villa Canales, just south of the capital. A man identified as Cesar Chavez was arrested the following day for allegedly ordering the murders in connection with a land dispute.
Guatemala saw 4,406 homicides in the first nine months of this year, down 5 percent from the same period in 2011, according to the Mutual Support Group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- Hillary Clinton would be Democratic nominee: Feinstein
- Israel media: Police recommend indicting Netanyahu's wife
- Watch video: Giant Gorilla shot and killed to save 4-year-old child!
- AAP MLA Jagdeep Singh arrested on assault charges, later released on bail
- Red Bull apologise to Daniel Ricciardo for pit-stop bungle at Monaco