Woman, her three children shot dead in Guatemala
Guatemala City: A woman and her three children were fatally shot in Guatemalas` eastern province of Chiquimula, police said Friday.
The quadruple-murder took place Thursday night in the municipality of Olopa, a police spokesman told the media.
Leticia Villeda, 50, son Henser and daughter Sandra - both in their early 20s - died on the spot. Another daughter, Delmy, was declared dead at a hospital in Chiquimula.
The killings appear to have occurred in the course of an armed robbery, the police said.
Three women and an eight-month-old baby were killed last Saturday at their residence in the town of Asuncion Mita, 190 km southeast of Guatemala City.
The women ran a small shop/tavern inside the home and the gunmen sat drinking beer for several minutes before they started shooting.
Seven members of a family, including two minors, were slain the same day in Villa Canales, just south of the capital. A man identified as Cesar Chavez was arrested the following day for allegedly ordering the murders in connection with a land dispute.
Guatemala saw 4,406 homicides in the first nine months of this year, down 5 percent from the same period in 2011, according to the Mutual Support Group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported