Woman, her three children shot dead in Guatemala
Guatemala City: A woman and her three children were fatally shot in Guatemalas` eastern province of Chiquimula, police said Friday.
The quadruple-murder took place Thursday night in the municipality of Olopa, a police spokesman told the media.
Leticia Villeda, 50, son Henser and daughter Sandra - both in their early 20s - died on the spot. Another daughter, Delmy, was declared dead at a hospital in Chiquimula.
The killings appear to have occurred in the course of an armed robbery, the police said.
Three women and an eight-month-old baby were killed last Saturday at their residence in the town of Asuncion Mita, 190 km southeast of Guatemala City.
The women ran a small shop/tavern inside the home and the gunmen sat drinking beer for several minutes before they started shooting.
Seven members of a family, including two minors, were slain the same day in Villa Canales, just south of the capital. A man identified as Cesar Chavez was arrested the following day for allegedly ordering the murders in connection with a land dispute.
Guatemala saw 4,406 homicides in the first nine months of this year, down 5 percent from the same period in 2011, according to the Mutual Support Group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi